Thursday, April 1, 2010


Psalm 102, 142, 143
Lam. 2:10-18



They asked Jesus a question. He gave a straight answer. They followed his directions. Things turned out as expected. They found the man, the house, the room. They prepared the meal. Friends came. They ate. Then things started to go wrong in the high feast of the year. Jesus added some of his own words. Words that fit but did not fit. Foreboding was introduced into the celebration. Either Jesus was turning tea total or he was talking out of another part of his anatomy or there the unbearable was about to happen.
I wish Jesus gave me straight answers with instructions that are easy to follow and that life was continually hunky-dory but I do have Jesus' example who endured betrayal, trail and death before he came to the resurrection. We are not at the end yet. Until then I shall look for the guy with the water bottle and follow instructions as plainly as I can make them out.


No comments: