Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Little things

Matthew 12:33-42
Today I came home tired after a long day of driving here and there in Belgium. I seem to have driven through the whole country- to Namur the capital of Wallonie this morning and Westvleteren, almost on the Flemish coast this afternoon. And tonight is my night out, at my Dutch lesson. It was raining, real rain, streams of mud and stones belching down the hills. The high tide brought an empty water bottle and half a sponge to our front door. We edged the puddle to get to the car. After a time of indecision (I mentioned that yesterday) I went to Dutch. The school gate was locked but I heard our teacher's voice. a few moments earlier it had been impossible to cross the pavement because of the muddy torrent. We discussed, we decided, we would go home. I was the only student to arrive. Nadia gave me a lift home. Now I am resting in front of the computer recounting how God has looked after my tiredness. No big miracle, just gentle caring.
Alleluia!

No comments: