Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Donkey talk

Numbers 22:21-38
I do not have a donkey but I do have a dog who is my companion and has been for twelve years. As I move around the house he changes beds in order to keep close to me. Ernest has never opened his mouth and spoken to me but he is often very determined in the route we should take for a walk. He will sit and refuse to move. Ernest is small enough that I can pick him if required and carry on my own way.
Perhpas I need to take a second thought before following my own path for a day and remember that God has his plans for me. I am not saying that I should follow Ern's whims but that I should not be hasty in deciding where I go. I need to remember to discuss my plans with God and follow his nudges. Once I had decided to give myself a treat and visit a supermarket a little further away that my normal area but on passing by a different shop I went in there instead. I met a very lonely person who needed a friend. I am sure it was God who changed my plans. There is a small voice which speaks if we heed it.

No comments: