Monday, June 16, 2014

The Cloud

Numbers 9:15-23, 10:29-36

"Where would you like me to go today Lord? "
"Just follow the cloud, Jane and when it stops that is where I want you to go in for coffee. There is somebody I want you to meet in that coffee shop."

I wish that following God was that simple. Maybe it was not really that simple for Moses too as he pleaded with Hobab, his brother-in-law to stay with the Israelites in the wilderness. Moses wanted Hobab's expertise in choosing good places to pitch the tents in the wilderness. I suppose when I get to the coffee shop, or supermarket checkout I have to make the decision and act to engage in conversation with my neighbours in the queue.

Now for the first step. Which cloud shall I follow?
Lord help me to discern your direction for my day.







No comments: