Tuesday, April 21, 2009


Psalm 5, 6


We go to church. We are different from our neighbors, not by the fact that we go to church and make no secret of it. We are aliens and unfortunately for us we live as aliens, even though we are registered. 
I was shocked when one of my neighbors complained that she had trusted her husband to take their little girl to buy shoes and he had come home with a white pair. "What's wrong with white shoes?" I said. The problem with buying white shoes at the end of August is that one can only wear them for a week or two. I was still not on the same page. It seems that in this area of the world white shoes are not worn after Labor Day. Now I come from a place where children only had one pair of shoes. I am sure that there are many people in the world who aspire to owning one pair of shoes of any color.
Yes my children did have more than one pair of shoes.
"Protect me Lord from taking the wealth that you have given me for granted. Help me to conform to your ways and not those whose examples I see on a daily basis. You sent Jesus as my guide and the Holy Spirit as my protector. Thank you."

No comments: