Thursday, April 23, 2009

Two faucets


Luke 3:1-14

Our almost new kitchen faucet got sick. It handle behaved in an unusual way and then it spurted water from everywhere except the orifice from which it should flow into the sink. We have now been without a working tap for a week. I say "a working tap" advisedly. We do in fact have four bathrooms and a laundry room which are all complete with working taps, three of which are downstairs and two of them within easy distance of the kitchen. Also the dishwasher is fully functional. 
So what is our problem? We only have to walk to the next room to get our water- hot, cold and clean.
Walking three miles and carrying enough water for a family home on my head. And then they catch typhoid or other deadly disease from that water. No, no, no. It is easier to put the plight out of my mind and bemoan the fact that I do not have a swimming pool.
Lord help me to appreciate the ease of living that you have given me and know how to share the wealth which you have entrusted to me.



No comments: