Sunday, April 19, 2009

John 14:1-7

My Way

I have almost as much sympathy with Thomas as I do with Peter. Peter was an enthusiast who did not always complement his words with the action and faith that he himself expected. He told Jesus that he would follow him to the cross and then pretended that he was not even an aquqintance of Jesus; he jumped out of the boat into the water and  then got cold feeet or was it wet feet. Thomas has the courage to say what we would like to say but are too polite or too embarrassed about our lack of knowledge to voice. 
Jesus says "You know the waqy to the place where I am going."   Thomas says "No we do not." I am  totally with Thomas. We do kn ow Jesus' way, his way of life. That is our map on the way, follow his example, have faith, pray, heal, comfort...

No comments: