Monday, March 11, 2013

Plastic bottles

Jeremiah 16:10-21

18And* I will doubly repay their iniquity and their sin, because they have polluted my land with the carcasses of their detestable idols, and have filled my inheritance with their abominations. 

Every Tuesday evening I walk along our hedge and pick up all the reject cans of Jupiler and empty crisp packets and other items jettisoned by passers-by and add them to our family collection of rubbish or our recycle bag as appropriate  At Clabecq there is a special compound at turning pool in the canal which contains all sorts of rubbish accumulated in the canal, mainly plastic bottles of all shapes, sizes and uses. 
How much do we gather and use and throw without  thought for the wonderful world that God has created for us. One of my joys in riding beside the canal is watching the ducks, swans, moorhens, herons and the odd fishing jumping as they go about their life. The floating plastic is  death knell for the for the wildlife of the area. For me it is an abomination but I am not free from the guilt of having used plastic.

No comments: