Tuesday, March 12, 2013

The Raw Onion Question

Psalm 97

I went on a Brownie Pack Holiday. It was there, at Broneirion, that I discovered that bamboo could grow outside China, even in Britain.  I fell in love with the bamboo grove which was so large that we could hide inside its cavities.  On the last morning we had a prize giving, there were prizes for the Most Helpful Brownie, the Best Worker, the Happiest Brownie. All the usually qualities that one would expect from a Good Brownie. I was awarded the prize for the Best Eater. My mother was told that this was because I happily and enthusiastically, without complaining ate all that was set before me.

They obviously had not tried to serve me raw onion. I hate raw onion. If at all feasible I will pick the tiny chopped up bits out of a salad and leave them casually on my plate. The big question is "Is my hatred of evil as great as my hatred of raw onion?" Or do I just go about my life ignoring the evil around me?

No comments: