Saturday, March 30, 2013

Prayer for open hearts


Hebrews 4:1-16


We thought we brought our children up aright. They came to church and Sunday School. Were acolytes and  enthusiastic members of mission trips. They went to YES and Happening. Sometimes they still do acts of kindness and some of them still go to church, willingly, but some do not. I do not enquire into the secret places of their heart, only God can judge the right relationship between Himself and myself or any other self. But I can pray that given any chance my children and friends will 16... therefore approach the throne of grace with boldness, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.
That when they come to their next today they will say "Yes".

And having said that I need to remember that some of Jesus' words 

36 When he saw the crowds, he had compassion on them, because they were harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd. 37 Then he said to his disciples, ‘The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. 38 Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field.’. (Matthew 9:36-38)

I might even have to be the worker. At least I can start with prayer, prayer for open hearts for seed and worker. 

No comments: