Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Hate Evil

Psalm 97
10 The Lord loves those who hate* evil;
   he guards the lives of his faithful;
   he rescues them from the hand of the wicked. 


We live in an age of acceptance. Some people are less accepting and not condone sin. I am in the acceptance camp. This morning when I read these verses I began to think that I should really change my stance. I should call evil by its name. I should not accept the murderer or the thief. And there are the lifestyle sins too. I am not guilty of any of these, just of turning my blind eye. 
These were my thoughts this morning. Now I realize that the sin which God wants me to hate is the evil in my own life. Arrogance and self-centredness, slothfulness and greed, these are evils which I can hate but do not want to accept.

No comments: