Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Prayer results


Luke 6:27-38

I like mathematics. I find doing sums fun. Whilst I was doing my degree, which took quite a few years, one of the books which  I read was Adventures in Prayer by Catherine Marshall. I prayed that God would allow me a good second class degree. That would be quite hard work. 
I did my sums diligently. I got my results, a first. That was more than I had requested, that had just been a glimmer of hope in the back of my mind.
We went to the degree ceremony. With a name beginning with a B I was not surprised that I was given number 14 and my seat was on the front row. But I discovered that this seat was due to my results. I am still tickled by all this. 
Sometimes you just do not know what God has in his storeroom for you.



No comments: