Friday, November 2, 2012

Anxiety

Luke 12:13-31


I was brought up to eat what I was given whether I liked it or not. The result was that I grew up not knowing that one could dislike food. I went on a Brownie holiday and won the prize for the 'best eater'. 
I believe that the food that we are given is a gift from God, it is part of the world in which I live. I hate waste. of any kind. Perhaps that is why our house is full of artefacts that might be useful one day. 
I see each drip of water that comes out of the tap as a gift. It is easy to take water for granted in Belgium where seldom a week goes by without rain. We are too busy being anxious about amassing our wealth and keeping our precious time to consider our use of those mundane natural resources which we have at our disposal. Our concerns of course would be irrelevant without the natural resources which we take for granted.
I pray that on my striving towards the kingdom  will be a walk of justice and kindness to mankind and humbleness towards God trusting him for my needs.
(Micah 6:8)

No comments: