Tuesday, July 23, 2013

24/7

Mark 4:21-34

It is one of those days when I give you my opinion on a portion of the reading rather than share with you a real life experience of Jesus.

Jesus spoke to the crowds in parables. When he was in private with his disciples he explained everything. Nowadays it is understood that 'the disciples' refers not only to the designated twelve but also to various hangers on such as the women who ministered to Jesus and his apostles.  I was wondering how one became a member of the inner circle. How did one get to hear the explanations of the riddles and parables? My conclusion was that the crowds were probably not real followers in that they did not travel daily with Jesus. They were from the nearby town of the day. The disciples had left everything to follow Jesus and were rewarded the jewels of the Kingdom.
How much have i left to follow Jesus and consequently how much can I expect him to share with me. I think I need to listen more consistently, to spend more hours of my day with him.

No comments: