Thursday, July 4, 2013

Meetings

Acts 8:26-40

Maybe I have told this story before.
I felt prompted to go to a grocery store that was not in my area of town. It was more hispanic than my usual store so it was interesting to go there occasionally to buy their freshly made tortillas and mexican cheese. On this particular day I was headed for an even unusual shop, one that specialized in wholefoods but as I was passing the more hispanic shop I turned into the parking lot.
The array of vegetables, as usual for that shop was amazing, more varieties of peppers and tomatoes than in my habitual shop. Food with which I was unfamiliar, and still have never tasted such as cactus leaves. I browsed my way around to the cereals and inadvertently dropped my coupons. Somebody picked them up for me, we spoke, we realized that we were both English, both strangers in a foreign land. I was well established, she was newly arrived. We became friends.
Yes I have recounted this before. I still find the incident amazing, how God can work if we only respond to persistent thoughts. My shame is that I do not have such a story for every year or week or day.
I wonder what Our Father really wants me to do today.

No comments: