Thursday, July 25, 2013

Our Blackbirds

Psalm 50

We first noticed them in the winter when food was scarce and I had hung out bags of peanuts and balls of seed. We watched them gathering dried grass and moss for their nest. Now each morning as we sit drinking our morning tea Mrs Blackbird flits across our patio with a beak stuffed with worms or grubs. Never does she fly directly yo the nest. Sometimes to my disgust she stops off on the washing line, this particularly displeases me when the line is full of drying clothes.
It is strange if a morning passes by and we do not see either of our blackbirds.

We mere humans have a care for the well-being of a pair of blackbirds who happen to nest in our hedge how much more so does God care for his creation. If I am his hands and feet here on earth that gives me a responsibility too.

No comments: