Monday, January 13, 2014

Angels and Saints

Hebrews 1:1-14
Often I tell you of the friends who have done acts of service to me. Today I think of Mary who would arrive and iron when I was heavily pregnant or take Tom to out and about ass she did her errands in order to give me a rest.. There are many people who have crossed my path and just smiled when I was feeling lonesome. They could easily have passed by on the other side with eyes downcast or focused on their own horizon. Are these friendly, helpful people angels in God's service? I was reminded of the popular All Saints day Hymn
I sing a song of the saints of God. Though written by an English person I have never heard the hymn on this side of the Atlantic. I think this is musically the best recording but there are too few verses so we will listen to Rachel. on YouTube.

The question of course is how am I going to let God send me in his service today?

No comments: