Friday, January 17, 2014

Old shoes

Psalm 17

Even I think this is a bit weak, but if it leads us one millimetre closer to God then I would not deem it a failure.

Recently I slipped on the road outside our house. There was little traffic, being 8 30 am on a Sunday morning. I had our breakfast of croissants and pain au this and that such as chocolate and almonds in my bag. The treasures of the boulangerie were fortunately safe. It was a wet morning, the sort of morning when the white lines painted on the road are particularly slippery. I was wearing "my easy to put on because I am in a hurry" shoes. These shoes are old and have little friction left in their soles. They are also prone to letting in the wet.
I had not used all the sense that God had given me, I was running my own agenda, yet again.


No comments: