Thursday, January 16, 2014

My Nazareth

John 1:43-51

Sitting at his desk one day, the telephone rang. he answered it, "Come and work in Belgium". Here we are, five years later living in French speaking Belgium.
Belgium was never on my list of places I would like to live in. After our move to the USA, even though I never felt as if I was an immigrant I never thought that I would be a resident of another country, especially in Europe. In my youth I had thought that it might be amusing or interesting to live in Europe but my inability to succeed in French diminished that desire. America became more attractive, not that I really planned to move there, it was the idea that was exciting. No Belgium was not on the short list of exciting places in the world. But here we are, and getting by in french too.
Since I believe that everyday is a gift from God I believe that there is something good is in our residence in Belgium. I cannot see, I hope God can.

No comments: