Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Easter Wednesday 26 March

Exodus 12:40-51
Psalms 97, 99, 115
1 Corinthians 15:30-41
Matthew 28:1-16
Exodus 12:40-51

I always thought that this was one of the parts of the Old Testament that I could ignore. I have Jesus, the Law is relevant. However Jesus did say that he came to fulfill the Law, rather than to do away with it (Matthew 5:17). The men who ate the Passover meal had to be prepared in the way that God had told Abraham when he gave him the first covenant (Genesis 17). To eat the meal the people had to be totally consecrated to God. Jesus is the Law; to come to him we need to be totally prepared.

How do we prepare to come to Jesus?

1 Corinthians 15:30-41

Probably the scariest wild beast that I have fought with is a mosquito and the most danger that I am in is from drivers on the freeway. Part of fighting, and certainly part of surviving on the freeway in Houston is to be on your guard. Watering down our beliefs is very popular today but it seems as if, just like most sins it has been around for a millennium or two. Knowing right from wrong is not always obvious. I pray that I will remember that God is my continual companion.






No comments: