Monday, March 24, 2008

Monday of Easter Week, 24 March

Exodus 12:14-27
Psalms 93,98,66
1 Corinthians 15:15-28
Mark 16:1-8

Psalms 93,98,66
I have spent many hours watching the waves crash onto the shore. The noise and the strength fascinate me. Then there is the tumbling of the pebbles as the undertow flows back to the ocean.
I was brought up seven miles from the Atlantic Ocean- that would be the eastern shore! The summer high school hang out was on the cliffs.
The breakers are scary in their power yet they are part of God's creation. They thunder onto the beach, wearing away the land. The foam that was the forerunner dissipates, swirling around in the shallow water before dragging the tumbling pebbles as they jostle for a position under the next wave.
Watching the ocean always brings me closer to God, whether it is through fear or marveling at his awesome strength. Crying out for mercy, praise or just knowing that he is powerful and is in control. I may feel as if I am being tossed around and dragged like a pebble in the undercurrent but in reality I am in the power of God

No comments: