Thursday, March 27, 2008

Thursday of Easter Week

Exodus 13:3-10
Psalm 146,147
1Corinthians 15:41-50
Matthew 28:16-20

1Corinthians 15:41-50

Who would have thought that a pecan nut would grow into a spreading tree? Or a little red seed into a majestic Southern Magnolia with its fragrant cream waxy saucer flowers and dark green leaves? Yet, our creator, the instigator of life gave them, and us our form. A bird is singing in my yard. I do not know what variety, I am not good at carrying tunes in my head, I will hear more birds in a while when the dogs and I go for our walk.
The walk is one of my favorite times of day, a chance to appreciate the world that God has given me. So many different forms of life all fitting together in the created world. I am glad that God knows what is happening. To me the whole thing is amazing. My mind is too finite to comprehend the whole but I can live with the knowledge of this limitation knowing that there is a 'Somebody' who does know what is happening and has the well being of us all in His heart.

Lord help me to be attentive to your Spirit acting in my life today.

1 comment:

oldfriend said...

"a chance to appreciate the world that God has given me. So many different forms of life all fitting together in the created world. I am glad that God knows what is happening. To me the whole thing is amazing." --well said Sian and it reminds me of today's thoughts in Daily Word:
“Dear God, living in this bountiful world created from Your love for all creation, I know that there is good for me to receive and to share with all others." --Oldfriend