Monday, April 14, 2008

Monday 14th April

Exodus 32:1-20
Psalms 41, 52
Colossians 3:18-4:18
Matthew 5:1-10

What a day! The Golden Calf, The Tongue as a sharpened razor, Children obey your parents & parents do not embitter your children and The Beatitudes.

Blessed= Fortunate

Matthew 5:1-10

We do not usually think of envying a person who is poor in spirit. I tend to envy those who have the possessions which I think would enhance my life and those who have reached the top of the employment pile. I do not want to be rich or important just to be able to have the freedom and time to serve God unfettered by the cares of the world.

One of my favorite choruses which I learnt as a teenager sitting around the camp fire at summer camp was - and still is

Trust and Obey
For there is no other way
To be happy in Jesus
But to trust and obey.

I think these four simple lines sum up the ten verses.





No comments: