Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Wednesday 16th April

Exodus 33:1-23
Psalm 119:49-72
1 Thessalonians 2:1-10
Matthew 5:17-20


Exodus 33:1-23


God was proposing to let the Israelites go to Canaan without his guidance. I think he was taking time out as he was so annoyed with them.
The following was written for a different occasion but it seems sort of fitting for today.

Where?


Lord, where are you?

I drift from day to day

As though you were in another place

Where would you have me go?


Far away I live my life

In the night of day

Groping to find a way.

Where would you have me go?


Shall I go out into the desert

Or stay right where I am?

Come creator, come

Guide my wandering soul.


I am lost in the darkness of life.

Lord find me, show me your light.

How do I know

Where you would have me go?


I see no signpost,

No beacon in the night

I cannot see your light.


I listen for your voice,

The still small voice

I have a different way for you.


Tell me where to go

Will you find my soul

And bring it home?

Guide me day by day.


No comments: