Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Wednesday 9 April

Exodus 19:16-25
Psalm 38
Colossians 1:15-23
Matthew 3:13-17

Colossians 1:15-23


I believe in Jesus, that he died and rose again, that he is the Son of God, my friend, my Savior.... You know the story and the Episcopalians, Catholics, Methodists and Lutherans know the Apostles and Nicene Creeds. Sometimes I have doubts as to why I do what I do. Am I believing I a fairy story or were Jesus, David, Moses and Abraham real flesh and blood people who were worth writing about?
Six hundred years ago, in 1408 Henry IV quashed Owen Glendower's revolt against the English and Wales again subject to the English. I know about this event, it is well documented in Welsh History. Recently I read The Ladder of Divine Ascent by John Climacus. In a nutshell this is a book about Christian living written in approximately the year 600. His life was influenced by the life of someone who had lived 600 years before him. The year 600 was also around the time that St David was founding his monastery. 600 years is not long in history. They knew what they were following and therefore so do I.

No comments: