Thursday, August 7, 2008

Evening

Judges 8:22-35
Psalm 145
Acts 4:1-12
John 1:43-51

Acts 4:1-12

I love evenings and not only because I like watching sunsets. The day begins to wind down, the frenzy of trying to get things downs is abated and life looks forward to a rest. The problems of today can be dealt with tomorrow. Perhaps sleep will shed new light on them.
It seems as if times have not changed much over the last 2000 years. The chief priests were looking forward to their evening rest and the strength to be gained from sleep.

Peter got his batteries recharged overnight. Next morning he spoke 'filled ' with the Holy Spirit.

Perhaps as I put my cell phone to charge I could say a prayer that my batteries are also recharged. ( I try as I do certain chores during the day to pray for certain people). Brother Lawrence, the seventeenth century Carmelite monk, prayed continually always consecrating every act to God.

No comments: