Saturday, August 23, 2008

Job 3:1-26
Psalm 137:1-6Psalm 144
Acts 9:10-19
John 6:41-51



Psalm 137:1-6Psalm 144

I can sympathize with the exiles, living in an alien country. I was brought up in a beautiful place. I often think of the hours spent on the shore in Pembrokeshire. The place to 'hang' was The Point at Little Haven. I would take a book and sit on the rocks high above the broiling ocean watching the boiling liquid swirl at the base of the cliff pounding with abeited energy at the ancient rocks. Those rocks were veined with quartz, thin layers of marble running through my bench. In those days all I wanted to do was leave and venture out to see the world.

Now that I have seen it and live in a place with no cliffs, the steepest hill being the bridge over the freeway I yearn to return to the place of my youth, to again enjoy the peasures of time watching the ocean and following the routes of quartz through the rocks.

However, where I am is where I am and that is where I live my life. My life of course is tinged with the memories of other places and people. That is the story that I tell.


No comments: