Wednesday, January 21, 2009

parable?


Isaiah 44:24-45:7
Psalm 38
Ephesians 5:1-14
Mark 4:1-20

Joshua Bell played a 45 minute concert in a subway station. It was a parable organized by the Washington Post. A fascinating true story.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/04/04/AR2007040401721.html
Jesus' audiences did not always recognize him for who he really was and they did not always appreciate the eternal truths of his stories, he even said this in today's parable of the sower. It scares me to think what I might have done in the same situation. Would I have recognized Jesus as the Son of God, would I have stopped to listen? How many times in a day do I pass a situation where God wants me to linger but I hurry on propelled by my own agenda (money, see yesterday). All I can do is pray.

No comments: