Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Words- God's Words and Ricotta Cheese Moussaka

Isaiah 59:15-21
Psalm 117,118
Revelation 2:8-17
John 4:46-54

Isaiah 59:15-21


Words
I beleive that the bible is one of the ways that God 'speaks' to me or directs my thoughts. When a read a verse that seems to jump out of the page at me I mark the and note the date. Today there was such a verse. On 31 October 2003 the verse was
"As for me, this is my covenant with them," says the LORD. "My Spirit, who is on you, and my words that I have put in your mouth will not depart from your mouth, or from the mouths of your children, or from the mouths of their descendants from this time on and forever," says the Lord.
I pray that God's spirit will be with my offspring throughout their lives protecting them and that they will live lives dedicated to God and his ways. My prayer today is the same as it was five years ago.

John 4:46-54

Miracles

I believe in miracles. Big ones and little ones. I believe that God brought my friend Pat back to life after her stroke, her cancer and her heart disease. By the time she died, of a different cancer she died she could walk, talk and write.
I believe that God hears my thoughts and sorts out my scheduling and when absolutely necessary finds me a parking spot - that really did happen to me once. Today I need a miracle because I believe that God wants us in a different place though life will not be easy there and for that to happen he needs to provide a somebody to want our house at a good price and without me getting it to that unlived in state that society dictates is necessary.

Ricotta Cheese Moussaka
1 eggplant for 4 people, for 2 a chinese eggplant
onion 1 or 1/2 chopped
1 clove garlic chopped
15 ozs can of tomatoes for each 2 persons
italian seasoning,
nutmeg
ricotta cheese about 2 0zs/person
egg (1 for every 2 people)
1-2 cups sour cream

Slice the eggplant and if you have time sprinkle it with salt and leave to drain for an hour then rinse off the salt, then fry it until golden. Also fry the onion and garlic until golden. If I short on preparation time I miss out these steps altogether and just put the onion and galic in a saucepan with the chopped tomatoes and italian seasonings and stew it for a while, sometimes frying the eggplant whilst the stewing is happening.
Grease and ovenproof dish.
Put a layer of half the eggplant then half the tomato mixture then spoonfuls of ricotta cheese then the rest of the tomato and finish with the remainder of the eggplant.
Now make the custard by whisking the sour cream and eggs together. Add some nutmeg and pour on top of the dish. You could sprinkle some grated cheese on top of this.
Bake about half an hour at 375 deg F - watch for the top burning






No comments: