Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Melting and Strengthening


Psalm 119:25-48

28 My soul melts away for sorrow;
   strengthen me according to your word.

The chocolatier near us makes wonderful icecream. I think my favourite is almond. It enhances most desserts. It is almost an instinctive reaction for me to take a thermal bag with me to buy icecream even though we, the icecream and I, are travelling a mere one hundred metres and in Belgian weather. Texas is different. An anxiety sets about about the icecream melting almost between the dish and the mouth; certainly between store and house. One guards against melting. Maybe carrying the analogy too far - one keeps the icecream safe so that it may energize and strengthen the body.
So it is with my soul in time of sorrow. Sorrow can melt and diminish my soul but God is true to his word and will send the means of strength. Look for Him.

No comments: