Monday, October 1, 2012

The twinge of knowing

Acts 20:17-38

22 And now, as a captive to the Spirit,* I am on my way to Jerusalem, not knowing what will happen to me there, 23 except that the Holy Spirit testifies to me in every city that imprisonment and persecutions are waiting for me. 

I have just received an email telling me that the IRM (Institut Royal Météorologique) has just opened its new toy. A new radar system at Jabbeke near Ostend. Now they will be able to tell us more accurately what precipitation is falling and how much of it there is. I hope they will use this information to improve their forecasting of how many jumpers I need to wear and whether I need an umbrella as well as a raincoat.

Paul did not know what was going to happen to him. He just had this feeling that he had to go to Jerusalem and that he would be imprisoned. he knew his life was going to be difficult yet he went anyway.

I had an uneasy feeling of foreboding when we bought our house in Houston. I liked the house very much but before we even gave a solid 'yes' to the purchase I thought we would have problems. We did have neighbour problems which were upsetting at the time but now provide some good tales. At the time of the 'feelings' I doubted that it was my spiritual radar at work. Now I am not so sure.

Keep listening for the little voice, the twinge of knowing.

No comments: