Thursday, October 18, 2012

Rogue plants


Jonah 3:1-10,4:1-11


6 The Lord God appointed a bush,* and made it come up over Jonah, to give shade over his head, to save him from his discomfort; so Jonah was very happy about the bush. 7But when dawn came up the next day, God appointed a worm that attacked the bush, so that it withered.




Last year I had a beautiful bowl of antirrhinums. I loved looking out of the window onto the multicoloured spectacle. This year I decided not to be boring. I tried dahlias. The slugs ate most of them and I filled the gaps with geraniums. I missed the  antirrhinums, partly because of the joy they have given  one of my daughters every since, as a child, she discovered their snaps.
I am delighted that am not deprived of my hints to remember Naomi. Antirrhinums have planted themselves in the path, I have left them and marvel at their glory and pray for Naomi whenever I see them.

No comments: