Monday, December 9, 2013

Cloud watching.

Revelation 1:1-8

This morning will be mundane, housework and shopping in the village. By lunchtime my life will get a little more exciting because I am meeting a new acquaintance who is taking me to a meeting of women who talk in  English for an hour and then in French for another hour. I shall be vulnerable.
The housework is including laundry.  I am deciding whether to hang my things on the line or put them straight onto the frame in front of the radiator; I have looked at the weather forecast and am currently monitoring the clouds. I am not looking at the clouds to assess the possibility of Jesus returning today. His arrival would really mess up my plans, though arguably my need for french would not longer exist if God sent Jesus today.

One of my other readings today was Zephaniah 1:1-13. The two fit together. I am carrying on as usual, in fact wearing foreign made clothes, though I suspect that is not a literal reference but more to following foreign gods, not expecting God to intervene in my plans. Ouch, Oh Lord forgive me for my complacency.

No comments: