Thursday, December 5, 2013

Waiting.

2 Peter 3:11-18

I went to the dentist two weeks ago. I arrived a minute or two early and the dentist was running 15 minutes late. I had to wait. i looked at a magazine or two, mainly the pictures because the words were not in a language that I can easily read- but I do not think that was the real reason for me skimming the articles. My brain was not concentrating.  I was wondering when I was going to be called in. There was no way of knowing. I was not really at peace.

We have been waiting quite a long time for Jesus to come back. I think my attitude is more of the door will not open soon. I will not have to go and sit in the chair.

My waiting needs to be more constructive and with less agitation then when I was at the dentist. How else can I tell my friends, neighbours and the person who I meet on the street that Jesus coming is good news?





No comments: