Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Tea in bed

Amos 3: 12-4:5

One Christmas my mother bought me a Russell Hobbs Automatic teamaker. Years later, when I was still enjoying my nice morning cuppa she told me that I had once said how decadent I thought it would be to woken by the tea pouring into the cup. How right she was.
After the demise of the Teasmade I used to enjoy a nice cup of tea first thing in the morning, brought by my devoted husband. I still would if he ever woke up before me and gave me such a treat.

Amos was writing about 2500 years ago. Not much seems to have changed. The Belgian Blue cow is very large and yet sleek in its own way, bred like the cows of Bashan. They graze and sleep, then sleep and graze.

What is my lifestyle? Am I centred on my own well-being? Do I focus on my pleasures, do I put them before the welfare of those less fortunate than myself? How much do I include God's desire's for his world when I decide on my schedule for the day?



Sorry the photograph is a Mr not a Mrs;

No comments: