Thursday, February 20, 2014

Little Message

John 10:19-30

The day started early with a dog walk and drive to the station, the dog-walk being essential because I was going to be out for so long. The traffic was bad the journey to the station taking almost twice as long as yesterday and the part from the station to work much longer.
Then first there was Alban and Anne for three hours, then fifteen minutes for a quick lunch before Valerie. An hour and a half later a little hiatus  before driving to Sylvain. Computers and emails did not figure in my day.  I loaded my body with bags of books and headed  down to the depths of the building and the car.  As I was closing the boot I thought, "Maybe I should check my telephone and make sure Sylvain has not contacted me". I glanced at my watch, "Hmm, only just time to get there."
The internet did not want to extend to the garage. I would have to go back. Should I invest the time in looking or just go and be there a little late. I went back, I looked. Yes, there was a message saying that Sylain had a problem and could not see me.
I do believe in small miracles. I do believe in the still small voice. I am glad that today I listened.

No comments: