Friday, February 14, 2014

Milk

John 8: 33-47

I buy milk at a farm. It has odd opening times- closed Tuesday, Wednesday and Sunday, open 9-noon and 2pm- 7pm. It takes some planning to makes sure that there is milk for Thursday breakfast. I think I am getting better about not organizing my day around the trip to the farm, this is partly because of the later opening time, they used to close at 6pm. My son thought that I spent far too much time and anxiety on the procurement of milk. I do not think I dominated by it, but perhaps I was.
Then there are the sales, those feelings of "must go and see what Macy's have on today's One Day Sale" or I "just need a dress for my holiday". After 20 years in the state of shopping I am getting better, that is my opinion.
During prayers sometime I find my mind wandering to the shopping list, organizing my day. Maybe I am not as free as I think.

It is actually the farm just behind the trees to the right of the picture.

No comments: