Saturday, February 1, 2014

Special words

Genesis 18:1-16

We planned three children. We had three children. Life was good. The third child died. Within a few weeks I was pregnant. With in a few months I had a miscarriage. Again and again I was not pregnant. Friends had their third and fourth children, some planned, some not. I was still not pregnant. I was frustrated.
Eileen, a very special friend gave me a copy Our Daily Bread. Well I think that was the name of the little daily bible reading book. I had another that I used, and still do use 27 years later, but I liked this little book so I used to keep it in the bathroom and give it a hasty read. One day it was this passage. The words " ...this time next year" seemed to be written for me. They were, our special Becky was born.
Sometimes a word, a thought seems more than real.

No comments: