Monday, April 7, 2014

"Actions speak louder than words"

1 Corinthians 14:1-19

"Actions speak louder than words", a saying that we were taught as children. I do not recognize love by words but by the sacrificial actions of my friends. Their thoughtful generosity, the allocation of their time helping others in need, their smile, greetings and above all encouragement.
Catherine, who lends her car whenever she goes away without it, Susie who cooks for the sick and organizes others to do so too, Priscilla who helps with women in need, Pam who it is difficult to contact because she is always elsewhere doing something for somebody, Ann who opens her house, Ann who is gives her time and is always willing to help, Lynda for her quiet thoughtfulness and wonderful smile, Rie who always has a welcome cup of coffee. There are many people who touch my life, some of whom speak in tongues and some who do not.
I think I will spend today thanking God for the ways in which you share his love. I will remember the many, living and dead, who have been helping hands in my life and through whom I have seen God's love.



I have wanted a camellia plant ever since I first saw one, probably in my mother- in- law's garden. Last year one of the ladies above gave me one. We show God's love in many ways just by following little thoughts that he plants in our minds. Help me to be aware and act upon those nudges.

No comments: