Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Prayers

2 Corinthians 1:8-22

We telephoned everybody we knew who prayed, all over the country and they in turn passed our message on to those whom they knew prayed, and sometimes to people they did not know. There was a prayer meeting of over a hundred people, they prayed, we did not know them but they knew of our plight. the answer was not what we wanted. Matthew was deemed to be brain dead. They tested him and turned off the machines.

Twenty-nine years later I am telling you the story because I believe in the power of prayer. We were comforted by the knowledge that many were holding us up to God and saying " Show your love to these people". So I do the same today. I pray for those I know and those I do not know. I pray for God to be with them on their journey, that they may know his love and comfort, that he will heal their hurts as he has healed mine.


No comments: