Tuesday, April 22, 2014

As you wish

Mark 16:9-20

This passage is not included in some of the early versions of Mark. You read the discussion here. I like to think that everything in the bible is more or less true and thus the passage is included for a reason. Maybe some of the bible compilers did not think it was genuine. We take or leave the stories as we wish.

Easter Minto, thus named by non-church going parents because she was born on an Easter Day, used to say "I've read the bible. I know the bible stories. I want to know what God is doing NOW."

I do believe that God is at work in my life. Last Friday I went to a busy place and there was a parking place ready waiting for me, in fact one that I had in the past declared to be my favourite space. You may believe this or not. That is your choice, as with the rest of the stories of the resurrection.

No comments: