Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Generosity or not



Matthew 25:31-46

This is not one of my favourite passages. It makes me feel uncomfortable.
Occasionally I give food to beggars on the street or a bottle of water, particularly in the warmer weather. If I have a suitable coin available and they are brightening my day with a cheerful tune on accordion or fiddle I will drop a little something in the hat.
In my days as an Open University Tutor I had a student in prison, I used to visit him, well I had to, it was part of my job but I could have opted not to go. I often pass our local prison and wonder if there are any English speakers there whom I should visit.
Once I asked an unknown Christian visiting our school for an interview to spend the night with us.

This is not much for the length of my life.

Lord Jesus guide me and forgive me.

No comments: