Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Hills


Psalm 121

A single word can trigger an hour of reflection. If I had the opportunity that might have happened this morning. Mighty waves and golden paths of descending sun never fail to raise in me memories of God's greatness so when I read that the psalmist was looking for help from the hills I pondered on the majesty of great mountains, the Great Tetons for instance but it was the humble Preseli Hills which caught my imagination. On a clear day coming over the top from Cardigan to Haverfordwest it is possible to see as far as the sea beyond the land. As a child this view always fascinated me. The Preseli Hills are the only home of the bluestone for the great standing stones of Stonehenge. How did the men of Wiltshire know of the special Pembrokeshire stone? here unfortunately I had move on to the rest of my day, or rather reading the next verse.

However there are many mysteries in creation and the history of mankind and I believe that God is behind them all.


No comments: