Tuesday, July 29, 2014

The family of God



Romans 16:17-27

I think St Paul would have been one of the first to sign up for Facebook and Google +. He would probably have been on AOL instant messaging and MySpace before the dawn of Facebook and Twitter. He would have been able to rein in errant churches immediately. The Good News would have been resounding throughout cyberspace. However it was his care for everybody he had met and even those who he had only met by hearsay as well as his wish to share greetings from all and to all that led me to ponder his possible involvement in social media.

Last week our whole family was on holiday together. I shared photographs with my Facebook and Google + friends. One friend commented on how much they miss our family now that we are on another continent. I was touched. Friends who are often in my thoughts but whom I seldom contact 'liked' my photographs. It is a way to say 'I still care about you even though I no longer see you weekly'.

I sent a message to a friend with a sick husband. This caused other people to comment on the message and share their love and support.



St Paul's letters are a wonderful example of the care and love which binds the family of God. There are a lot of words of instruction but under it all is the love that binds us all together.

No comments: