Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Sunrise, sunset and the time between

Psalm 49, 119:49-72


Today I watched the sun rise. Not in what one might say a spectacular manner. I have, early in the morning stood on the crest of the Grand Canyon and watched the growing light illumine the roses and yellows of the depths of the canyon. I have walked along the banks of the bayou in Katy and seen the red ball rise out of the horizon. Today was totally different. I was lying in bed drinking my tea with one eye monitoring the weather and the other on my Bible idly wondering what I would write. One of the panes of glass in the next building- we are on the tenth floor- seemed much lighter that the rest, it had a shiny white gold look about it. A few seconds later out of the formless glow came the shape of a rising globe until the whole sun was there rising up the building and starting its journey towards the left.

Jesus was up before dawn praying, planning his day, preparing to preach for that was the purpose of his visit,-to remind us of God's love. The miracles were a function of his compassion.

How shall I spend my day?

No comments: