Monday, March 19, 2012

Doggedly

Mark 7:24-37

I like the seaside. I like sitting by the ocean and watching the setting sun lay its path across the waters. I wonder if this is why Jesus went to Tyre. It is on the coast. he went quietly, for a vacation maybe. But for a celebrity there is no word vacation. Even though he was 'overseas' in Gentile country the crowds hounded him.
Our dogs do not get scraps from the table but they are optimists hanging around in the hope that something will inadvertently fall. If so they are ready to pounce on the scrap.
There is an item for which I break the no scrap rule, apple. My last piece of apple I divide between them. The routine is that they sit either side me, intently watching  my every move, sometimes squeaking to remind me of my gift.
How much do I expect from Jesus? How intently do I watch and wait?

No comments: