Monday, March 26, 2012

Using gifts


1 Corinthians 14:1-19

The Bible tells stories, real life stories of encounters with God as Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Real situations with real people. There would be no point in believing if the whole thing is a work of fiction. 
I write because I believe the Bible. I believe that God is not dead. I believe he is alive and well. I believe he lives in us and through us. This is why I try to tell my story. 
One night as I was dreaming I heard a voice call my name. I replied in a words. I think it was God talking to me. I find it much easier to practice teaching than to practice talking to God in a special way but maybe after reading the passage today I might try to adore God in his special way. But, heeding St Paul I might just continue to witter here too, maybe there is some instruction in that too, for you and me both.

No comments: