Tuesday, March 13, 2012

I do not like...

Genesis 45:1-15
I would not like to have been Reuben. He seems to be a decent guy. He wanted to provide for his extended family. Yet everything that happens in Egypt seems to go wrong. The man in charge plants crimes on the family. I think that Reuben especially must have been in great anguish.His whole world seemed black and was getting darker at each meeting with the Grain Man. Where was the God of his fathers in all this?
Suddenly the light shone. God had sent Joseph, the dreamer, to orchestrate a grain plan for Egypt and the surrounding countries. Everything had been under God's control, even from the plan to put Joseph into the dreadful pit.
It is very comforting to know that what may seem bad circumstances are part of an Almighty Plan for good. But why was Joseph so vindictive towards his brothers? This is my problem. My lesson is that even people who I do not like may be instruments of God's plan, even Joseph.

No comments: