Thursday, March 15, 2012

Paul Grouches

1 Corinthians 9:1-15
Some people if you ask them how they are will always come up with some negatives. Some will say "Fine thank you," even when their life is a complete disaster.
yesterday I started a new notebook for a journal. The last one was full. Everyday I like to note down verses or notes from Bible Reading Accompaniments that have leapt out of the page at me. Most days I write nothing.
The book I started yesterday id special. It is leather-bound in dark green with nice thick paper. I found it in the attic. I think it belonged to my father. It is special. The downside is that the soft cream coloured pages are marked with vertical lines, it is an account book- there are lines for pounds, shillings and pence! It is an old book.
And my first entry? A list telling God how many things I have to do, I how I have no time to do them. How I have things that I really want to do but never get to them because of the daily descent of dust and dog hairs. It was a grouch. Actually I think it was a plea for help in knowing how to prioritize my day. I felt a little guilty that my first day with the book was not an uplifting experience, a hymn of praise to our maker.
I feel slightly better that Paul's grouch is even included in our Holy Book.

No comments: