Thursday, September 20, 2012

Pain

John 12:27-36

A common topic amongst women is childbirth. I have produced five full term or over babies so I consider myself an expert. The first little twinge can be exciting, it it is downhill from there. Contractions get stronger and the pain increases to beyond bearing. The pain overtakes all other thoughts and emotions. "You need one more contraction just like that" from the midwife is no encouragement. I was too overwhelmed with the pain to argue though in my brain I thought "I do not, no way". But I knew that overpowering contractions would come and indeed were essential to the birth of the new life within me.
Jesus knew that he was going to hang on a cross in immense pain. He knew it was the only way forward for our new life.
Thank you Jesus.

No comments: